There’s nothing quite like Fall in the Holy City –
from wine seminars and cooking classes for the foodie, Fall History & Architecture Tours for the historian, and shows at the Gaillard for the arts lover, there’s something for everyone. While some days feel like summer may never end and other (much appreciated) days feel more like your average Fall day, this does not make packing for your getaway easy. Luckily, Andrea Serrano of the Charleston Shop Curator shares her top Fall packing tips to ensure that you’re well prepared for whatever weather Charleston may have in store during your stay!
Andrea’s top 5 Fall packing tips for Charleston…
- Bring a bathing suit. The temps stay pretty warm until the end of October, so it’s worth taking a trip to Folly Beach or Isle of Palms for a dip in the ocean.
- Weather can be unpredictable here so it’s all about layers. Make sure to pack a lightweight sweater or jacket.
- Because of the unpredictable weather, be sure to check out Morph Clothing. It’s the perfect travel piece because you can wear it over 60 different ways – from long sleeves to halter styles. Also, it doesn’t wrinkle, is lightweight, and can take you from a casual to a dressy look with a quick change of styling. It’s a local brand, but you can order online before your trip so you’re ready to go!
- Comfortable walking shoes. Be prepared to explore the peninsula on foot or by bike!
- Lastly, pack a camera if you own one. There’s so many picturesque places to snap photos that you might want to print and memorialize your trip in a photo album. (Pro-Tip: Our Photography Package allows you to explore the Holy City behind the lens, guided by an expert local eye.)
As evenings begin to cool down and sweater weather is in full swing, there’s no better time to dine alfresco in the Zero Restaurant + Bar courtyard. The best part? Enjoy $150 food & beverage credit when you book our fall promo now through November 30th. Even better? You can then use the savings toward that Fall wardrobe piece you’ve been eyeing for your vacation!